Details of how to take part in the award scheme are available here below.
Criteria for materials submitted for the David Riley Award are as follows:
1. The material(s) should
- contain an element of innovation
- be aimed at a business English learner or trainer
- be realistically useable by a learner or a teacher
- be complete in themselves, i.e. not require any additional materials or resources in order to be useable
- have a clear purpose and/or aims and learning outcomes
Materials submitted by individuals must be predominantly the work of that individual. If content is used which was produced by a third party (such as a newspaper article around which the activity is constructed), full references must be included and/or any relevant copyright must have been cleared. In the case of published materials submitted, it is assumed that any third-party copyrights have been cleared.
2. Further guidelines
- Materials may be for classroom use or for student self-study.
- Materials may be for paper-based or electronic use.
- There is no word limit, time limit (e.g. student study-time) or page limit to submissions
Submissions for the 2016 Award
The winner will receive 500 British pounds, a certificate and the right to use the David Riley Award logo when presenting their product.
The deadline for submissions is 15 September 2016.
Please send a copy of your submission to each of the following judges:
c/o Linguarama Spracheninstitut GmbH